Your Wellbeing is Our Top Priority
Updated May 15, 2020
Ensuring a safe, clean and inviting environment is the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality.
In response to COVID-19, we have initiated and are maintaining industry-leading and scientifically driven elevated cleanliness standards to safeguard the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues. Our strengthened safety and sanitizing measures incorporate the latest guidance from the world’s leading health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and apply to all guest rooms, public and back-of-house areas.
The comprehensive strategies we are employing are rooted in industry experience, based on the latest scientific guidance, and utilize hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current science and technology available.
At a glance, here is what we are doing to keep you safe and comfortable:
- Keeping our Distance. We have implemented social distancing measures in all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Sanitizer Stations Throughout. Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Enhanced and More Frequent Cleaning. EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants will be standard protocol and used in guest rooms and to clean public, event and back-of-house areas.
- Personal Protection Equipment Required. All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are encouraged to do so as well.
- In-room Safety Kits Provided. Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel will enter your room during your stay without your permission.
- Training and Education. We provide regular training to our hotel associates about the latest safety and cleanliness guidance.
- Please note: Pursuant to the City Of Key West Emergency Directive 2020-13, as of June 5, 2020, all Highgate Key West properties are required to take the temperature of every person entering hotel premises through the use of non-invasive infrared or no-contact thermometers. Any person testing at or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or who appears to have flu-like symptoms or other symptoms related to COVID-19 will not be allowed entry to the property. Hotel staff will suggest to any person denied entry under this Emergency Directive to seek medical care.
We look forward to welcoming you soon. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty.
Be Well. Stay Well.